Join Nirvana Abou-Gabal for some delicious gluten-free Middle Eastern Mezzeh.
Mezzeh: Middle Eastern appetizers which can also serve as small plates, similar to Spanish tapas. Mezzehs can be hot or cold, vegetarian or meat-based, simple dips, or more elaborate pastries. This class will focus on traditional, healthy, vegetarian mezzehs which can be easily replicated at home.
- Baba ghanouj: an eggplant and tahini dip topped with fresh pomegranate seeds.
- Quinoa tebbouleh: a Middle Eastern salad traditionally made with tomatoes, burgul, and parsley in a tangy lemon and olive oil dressing. This version will be made with quinoa instead of the burgul to make it gluten-free.
- "Fried" haloumi cheese: haloumi is lightly cooked in olive oil, so that it is hard on the outside, and beautifully soft on the inside.
- Egyptian potato salad:a different potato salad experience, made with olives, parsley, and a bright citrus dressing.
- Spicy feta dip: this humble cheese is elevated and made into a dip with peppers, tomatoes, mint, and fresh olive oil.
- Beet salad: made with with a fresh yogurt dressing
Book here (will be redirected to Happy Cook website) or feel free to call 434-977-2665 to book during business hours.
$45 per person Limit 16 people
Please note cooking classes are non-refundable and non-transferable once booked. Please verify scheduling availability before booking.